The EMBridge module created and maintained by DPCI, extends the image management functionalities of Drupal by connecting it to EnterMedia, an open-source digital asset management system distributed under the GNU General Public License, used to search, manage, reuse, and track all digital files. The EMBridge Module integrates Drupal Web content management with EnterMedia digital asset management, allowing you to:
- Use the Drupal interface to upload single or multiple assets, such as images, video , audio and interactive object files into EnterMedia and apply metadata to a single or batch of assets
- Use the Drupal interface to search for and select digital assets from EnterMedia to use on your Website
- Select assets within Drupal by viewing thumbnails and metadata in the search results returned from EnterMedia
- Replace ImageCache with the superior image conversion and renditioning capabilities and performance of EnterMedia’s technology
- Ability to store multiple related assets that can be used for Print, Web, and mobile publishing output
- Take advantage of physical metadata properties and extended asset metadata, such as EXIF, XMP or IPTC, captured by EnterMedia on asset upload
- Store digital files in a digital asset management repository rather than in the CMS and reference instances of those assets from Drupal
Figure 1: Digital Asset Search and Selection from within Drupal’s content creation interface
There are two components to the EMBridge Module:
- EnterMedia main module – enables Drupal to connect with your EnterMedia system for upload and search of digital assets
- EnterMedia asset – adds the EnterMedia Asset field type to CCK so that this field can be added to any content type for associating digital assets with your content
The EMBridge module is not only an incredibly powerful way to extend Drupal’s capabilities for searching and publishing rich media on your website, it also gives you a way to tap into the power of EnterMedia’s digital asset management system for uploading and managing assets and metadata. This rich functionality can all be accessed directly from within Drupal’s content creation interface without having to jump out to your desktop or another application interface.
For more information about DPCI's EMBridge module or for consulting and implementation support, please contact us directly at (800) 818-2905.